Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bridged Appearance (Auto select)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dphoneman

Technical User
Aug 3, 2006
US
We have a user that works at two locations. Her actual station is 2222 and the other location is assigned 3333 with a bridged appearance of 2222 on it. When she is at the 3333 location, she wants to go off hook and automatically select the bridged appearance (2222). Is there a way to have the 3333 location always select the bridged appearance?.

Hopefully, that makes sense.

Thanks

There's bridged idle line preference y/n - that means if a bridged call is ringing and you go off hook, with n, you grab the ringing brdg-appr, with Y, you get a call-appr dial tone and leave the bridged call ringing.

I think you're looking for "Select last used appearance". At yes, that means:

Indicates a station’s line selection is not to be moved from the currently selected line
button to a different, non-alerting line button. The line selection on an on-hook station
only moves from the last used line button to a line button with an audibly alerting call.
If there are no alerting calls, the line selection remains on the button last used for a
call.

Sounds to me like you make that Y in pg2 of the station form, and when the user picks 2222 to make a call once, any time they pick up the phone when neither 2222 nor 3333 are ringing that it'll pick the brdg-appr from last time.

Thank you!! I have been confused about the setting. I did get it to work in the past but it was try this setting try that setting and never had an understanding how I got it working.

Anyway, thanks again!

and with 2 brdg-appr and conf/trans on primary appearance (pg3) at no, they should be able to conf/xfer from the brdg-appr extn too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back