Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bridged analog stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonedude

Vendor
Aug 20, 2001
US
I have a 10.1 SE with 3 500v2s and a few hundred analog extensions in a assisted care facility. We purchased new Cortelco Caller ID Type II Model 2730 with a big display. I have rooms where there are multiple phones bridged onto the same extension. If one of the Cortelcos is off hook and another of the bridged extensions picks up that user cannot speak in the conversation (can hear). The display on the Cortelco also gets dim. Is there any setting for the analogs? Is there a power usage document that I can refer to?

The REN figure for IP Office analog phone ports is 2 and the idle power is 25mA. I couldn't find a figure for your phones (pick one up and hope there's a label).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Well I don't know if its the cause of your issue but it certainly hints that having even 2 phones on the same port is pretty much the limit. The obvious is to unplug a few and then reconnect them one by one while testing to see when the issue kicks in.

Old domestic phone connections from your local teleco company had a REN of 4 or 5. But PBX have always been meaner, they want you to buy one port for every phone - partially become many of the business features they provide rely on have each phone associate with one port.

A lot of new simple analog phones has really low REN requirements, for example 0.4, so worth digging around to find if you have any that you can use to do some tests.

You can also get (or used to be able to) ring voltage boosters.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back