Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bridged analog station on a MLX set 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

52rich

Vendor
Aug 14, 2011
US
I have a customer with a legend,I Do not know what release it is but for the sake of my question I do not think it matters.
My question is this, Is it possible to have a bridged analog extension number appear on a spare button on a MLX set.
It's been a long time since I had to program and install a MFM module on a set, but if I recall correctly, the MFM would only give me a place to plug in and use a analog set without any additional wiring. This is not what my customer wants. What we have is a setup of seven analog extensions [ Emergency red non-dial sets in enclosures ] all programmed as hotline extensions and all programmed to call extension 55 when going off hook. Extension 55 will be a analog station in the Managers office [wall set 2554 ] with a bridged [wall set 2554 ] in another building [ onsite Medical office ]. The owner currently has a MLX set on his office desk and he is asking for a bridged appearance of extension 55 on a spare button on his set. My solution is to simply install another bridged extension 55 analog set somewhere in his office, so that if an emergency occurs he can take the call on the analog set.

But he is the boss!
I know this is cake in a Definity with a digital set, but can it happen in a Merlin Legend?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Rich

Add a Primary Coverage button for Ext. 55 on the MLX set.

At the MLX set, Spkr, #00, press the button on the phone where you want the primary coverage button to appear, dial *40-55-Enter, Spkr

TT Tommy. Thank You for the reply & solution. I will be onsite next week to try it...You are a wealth of use full information.
A star for you!!!.
Rich

Merlinman...Good idea but I will try TTTommys solution first. I have not been back to the customers site yet to try things out but I had another thought. A question for both of you.... With TTTommys solution, will a call to the emergency analog station Px 55 be able to be answered at all 3 locations and all talk together.[ I'm thinking not ].... The setup would be like this . A emergency ringdown set goes off hook and then rings on the analog set Px 55 and 2 MLX sets with the primary coverage button programmed for Px 55...All start ringing naturally at once...
If Px 55 is answered at one of the MLX sets first, can I assume that the analog wall set for Px 55 can go off hook and join the call.
Without trying it, I can't think of a reason that it cannot...But conversely, if the analog staion takes the call first, my guess is that the MLX sets cannot join in on the call since it is a primary coverage only, and not a true bridged appearance of Px 55.
If my guess is correct I may have to go with the CO trunk loop around solution depending on what the customer wants.
Your thoughts?...or confirmation.
Rich

If you do a loop around, assign the line to the phones, and turn off privacy for the extensions, the MLX phones can barge into a call in progress. However the single line station can't get in on the fun unless it answers first. If the MLX phones answer first, the S/L doesn't have a way to join the call unless one of the MLX sets conferences the single line extension into the call.

TTTommy. Thanks again for the info....I will present the options to the customer but my gut feeling is that I will wind up making the Px 55 analog set a MLX set, and have all three telephone sets look the same with the CO loop around option. Keep it simple smart,... with the exception that the customer wants the telephone set in the medical office to be a red phone. Time for a custom paint job.[ponder]
Rich

OK..I went the CO loop around route posted by Merlinman,... although I know TTTommy has often posted the same suggestion on other occasions so I want to thank both of you for your help. I went the CO route because of customer preference. I wired analog Px 55 to the trunk port for trunk 816 and gave that appearance on all 3 MLX sets. But now I have to get a MLX 10DP painted custom color red for the Medical room only. Any suggestions for a custom red paint job on a MLX 10DP set.
Thanks again.[2thumbsup]
Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back