Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bridge cross-domain iframe

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugobossv8

Programmer
Jan 2, 2004
US
Hello,

I need to resize an iframe based on content. Problem is that the content of the iframe is not in same domain as parent page. So I get the permission denied message.

I would like to place some bridge file or policy file of some sort that allows access to the iframe, like so:

domain1.com (the iframe will sit on a page in domain1 that opens a page in domain2)
domain2.com (a policy file or bridge file will be installed here that lets domain1 have access to domain2)

I know it can be done because it is described on this link:

but I'm not sure how they did it. Anyone have any ideas? Or can anyone point me to a reference where I can learn how to do this?

Thanks, this is close to what I'm looking for but not the answer. The domain suffixes are different and it says on the link you sent that:

"Furthermore, this property cannot be used to allow cross-frame communication among frames with different domain suffixes. For example, a page in one frame from and a page in another frame from would not be able to communicate with each other even if the domain property of both pages was set to the suffix "microsoft.com".

So, document.domain can only be used in a case where you have something like:
and home.microsoft.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back