Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BRI S0 configuration - Block outgoing calls 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptsul

Technical User
Mar 22, 2006
PT
Hi there,

Can somebody give me a hit, I am setting up a BRI S0 from a DaugtherB 2BRI in IPO500V2 R8.1, to connect a PC ISDN board, and when it reboots it's not possible to do external calls, which is on the other DB card 2BRI.

It's connected with a cross cable and with the 100ohms at both sides, I guess is something basic, but comparing to other systems, this part it's a bit confusing.

Thanks

Regards

Did you set the ports as S-BUS do you get the green sync light? :)

"No problem monkey socks

Thank you for your answer,

Yes, it's when I set to S-BUS and save, and after the reboot, the users can't use the other BRI (T0).

The lights I cannot see them, I am doing it remotely and out of working hours, so no one to check that.

I am asking in case it's something very basic like the one you said, but i am missing it, or something that someone came already across with.

It can be the case of board malfunction but I will have to wait till i can send a technician there with a TREND.

But I have a doubt about the config, incoming and outgoing route number, if it's a distintive one or the one it will use for incoming and outgoing calls, or that is set on the shortcodes? - for me the manual is not very clarifing.

Regards

I imagine you have left them in the same incoming and outgoing line group (if I have understood what you've said correctly), change them both to something unique (I use 10) :)

"No problem monkey socks

By both I mean both incoming and outgoing groups only on the port used for the modem/TA, not for both the ports :)

"No problem monkey socks

Hi,

Yes, I set both to 30, but I guess the initial problem was that it was set by default "0", cause now I have just sent the same cfg, and atleast in my softphone i can do calls, I'll see tomorrow morning (here it's 22) if everything is working.

One last question, cause I am trying to understand the concept of this S0, comming from CS1K's, I am a bit confused or wanting more than I can get, I guess I can call the "Telephone Number" like an extension? But can I have more than one ISDN terminal in the same S-BUS, and do I set different extensions? - ok, it's the case but I am just curious, cause I thought I could create several users(8) and somehow attach to this S0.

Thank you and regards

J.F

the So bus looks to the system like a trunk
you need to configure shortcodes to dial out on that trunk to place a call to it
this is why you need to change the outgoing group id
incoming group id is not usually important.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Ok guys,

Thank you for your answers, it's working, apart from the first "bug" of leaving the out and inc group id by default, which cause the blockage of outgoing calls, the rest was a common error "invalid user", with the tech on site with the TREND it worked, just the patching was on the wrong port.

Anyway I am still wondering about, if needed, how can I setup a DID for a FAX (G4-isdn), I checked on the Incoming Call Route, and the Telephone Number doesn't apear. Ok I am been lazy, I didn't look much yet, but this manuals are like the bible, can have several interpretations.

Thank you and regards

J.F

The line group 0 is not a bug, it's the default group for any trunk added or created, regardless of type, this is where training and experiance helps out. There is no step by step guide/document for every possible configuration on the system and so again this is where a working knowledge/experiance comes into play :)

"No problem monkey socks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back