Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BRI int for FrameRelay?! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariko

ISP
Oct 2, 2001
US
Does anyone know if BRI interface (instead of
serial interface) can be used for a FrameRelay
line?
:-(

BRI is a backup to a frame relay. As stated in the other post tou can not use BRI on a frame circuit ( T1 ) Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Definately not. Frame Relay is a packet switching WAN topology, whereas ISDN is point-to-point. The two work completely different. You can use ISDN and a backup interface to frame relay, but thats about it.

Mariko- would you happen to have the links for an english version? While I can speak French, Japanese is beyond me for now :)

MikeS Find me at
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

BTW-

for those who need a rough translation- use this:

This is the Babel Fish site which will translate the web page.. mostly :)

I, for one plan to try this and see what happens..

It's not too far fetched as ISDN is a form of HDLC as is Frame Relay.. I need to think about more before I get myself into too much trouble ..

MikeS Find me at
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

Sorry, I don't have an English version...
I will use English version of Cisco Network Assistance
next time...

Anyway, I appliciate everyone's help !!!

Well ... we all learn something new everyday!! Even though the text is in Japanese you can still look at the router configs! Very interesting.

I will add one point though. You may have a hard time getting your service provider to provide ISDN presentation at your premises. The link to the frame relay switch network will have to have the same presentation on both ends and so I'm guessing that you would have to go with whatever method your provider uses, which will be serial!!

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back