Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BRI backup of the WAN service 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaki

Programmer
Jun 30, 2003
YU
I have configured wan link between two IP403 with automatic ISDN dial backup. How can I configure second automatic ISDN dial backup in case the wan link and first backup fail?

How did you coonfigure automatic backyuup of the wan link?
I have only been able to manualy activate a fallback service.

If the 1st fails then the ISDN backup will kick in, if this fails you wont be able to have a 2nd as the ISDN will be down!

Two cans and a piece of string!

[lightsaber]

The idea was that a second ISDN backup call should be placed to a third site over another ISDN line if the first backup was down.

If you want to automatically backup a WAN link all you need to do is put an ISDN number for the remote site in the Service that you use for the WAN connection.

I normally use a spare DDI at the remote site and create an incoming call route pointing to the RAS associated with your WAN link and dial that.

You could create a fallback service for the alternative site and manually activate it if you need to.

Thanks, davemead. First backup was done like you wrote. The second backup with fallback, as you said, is the only option.

Hi

Version 2.0 is going to support RIP I/II. That will even make it possible to use an standard router as to backup or the IPO as ISDN backup to another router.

/SV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back