Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

%BRI-1-NOMEMORY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashish1542

Technical User
Jul 8, 2001
IN
Hello,

I have a strange problem. Before i start lemme give u the specs of my router

Router:3662
Flash:32MB
DRAM:96MB
AIM Plus card
IOS:12.2(15)T5 IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES

Now the problem, since the day this IOS was upgraded, we have not been able to get connected using ISDN. ISDN here acts as a backup to the primary links. When i issue the "show isdn status" command, it shows the layer 1 as "Deavtivated".

I got the line tested by our ISDN provider and they confirmed that the line is working fine. When i run the "clear int bri3/0" command, the router should renegotiate the TEI, and while trying to renogotiate the TEI it gives me the following error,

%BRI-1-NOMEMORY

I checked on Cisco's web site, and it says that there is no memory to completed the event, either free up memory or install more memory.

Also when i try dialling into the router, i see an incoming call, but when i run the "show isdn history" command, i dont see anything in the ISDN call history.

My question : Does ISDN TEI negotiation use processor memory or IO memory. Coz if it uses IO memory, my router is using only 8% for IO, whearas the memory calculator on Cisco says that i need 25%. So i am going to change the iomem to 25%.

Has anybody else faced this problem? If yes what did u do?

Thanks in advance
Ashish

did you do a bug scrub on that IOS version before you upgraded??? sounds like your snazzy new IOS version has a serious ISDN bug.

Did you check that the features installed are certified to run with that version of IOS?

I suspect you have an incompatible version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back