Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Breakout options while on Hold or Park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaunymony

Programmer
Feb 25, 2010
US
Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out a way to do breakout options while someone is on hold or park. Ideally it would be nice to have it just like the hunt group and user announcement menus but I believe those are strictly used for incoming calls, not ones placed on hold or park.

Systems would be IP500v2 and/or Server edition with VMPro.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

You can't unless you use a group as an emulated park slot and give people group buttons to pick up from it :)

That actually may work well... hmm.

Thanks for the idea!

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

But when people place calls on hold they have taken charge of that call, if they are leaving it so long they need a breakout then obviously they aren't handling calls correctly. So they need to re-think how they're working :)

Agreed. People shouldn't be placed on hold for long periods of time anyways but I always enjoy a good challenge.

I was also asked if we could just insert a message to interrupt MoH every min or so but I said not without actually manipulating the MoH file.

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

I was also asked if we could just insert a message to interrupt MoH every min or so but I said not without actually manipulating the MoH file.

You can using the group I suggested.... queue announcement :)

Indeed I wouldn't do it but it is an interesting challenge. I would go with a set of queuing groups each of which is treated like a park slot. The a Group button for each for transfer to and retrieve from.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back