Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Breaking w/out breakpoint???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNBruno

Programmer
Jan 14, 2004
US
Okay, this is one of those annoying things that I'm going to kick myself for, I'm sure.

Using Access 2003, I have an Access 2000 file format project. When I double-click the mdb in IE, a Main Menu form displays. Clicking a button on the form displays another form. The first time this form is opened, the code window pops up with a line of code highlighted (in yellow). There is NO breakpoint set. Hitting F5 resumes the processing without error. Subsequent opening of this form does NOT exhibit this behavior, whether clicking the button on the Main Menu or selecting the form in the database window and selecting Open.

Just for grins and giggles, I tried opening Access first and doing a File Open with the same (undesired, bad, evil) behavior.

Any ideas?

< M!ke >

sorry - that should have been WE for Windows Explorer instead of IE...

< M!ke >

Somethings wrong. Compile the code to find out where.

Craig

One possibility is a missing reference. Put up the References dialog and see if any are missing.

Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Hmmm...did a "Compact and Repair" and no more break. Gotta love how stuff gets stuck for no apparent reason.

Thx, Craig.

< M!ke >

I have a simular issue...

In the code of a form (click event of a command button), I set a breakpoint for debugging purposes. After removing the breakpoint, it still stops there as if the breakpoint still existed. I tried recompiling and compacting/repairing, closing Access completely and re-entering, but it hasn’t helped.

I tried the Microsoft knowledge base to no avail.

Using Windows XP, Access 2003.

Anything??

Sid from Minnesota

Reset the breakpoint at the same location and then press Ctrl+Shift+F9 (or menu Debug -> Remove all breakpoints).

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back