Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Breaking the VBA Password in Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBDivaAuto

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2017
US
Is there a way to break the VBA Password in Access?

Many years ago, 2017, I handed off a series of databases to the new DBA and passworded the VBA code - giving him the passwords. These were done in Microsoft 2010 on a 2008 R2 server.

Well - as you can imagine, we have to retire the server. We are needing to move these databases to a Microsoft 365 environment/Server 2016 server. We have also implemented 2FA and these databases send auto-emails.

The DBA left a year ago.

I need to get into these databases to 1) reset the passwords, 2) institute the new code to bypass the 2FA on the emails, and make the few little code tweaks and library updates that have changed from 2010 to the latest 365.

Does anyone on here know how to crack the password?

I contacted Microsoft support but they don't support Access as part of Office 365. You have to purchase support. When you go to the Ultimate Support, it's a link to another page then a link to the primary plans page. No contacting support or putting in a ticket.

Hi Paul - I can see how you might see it this way. However, since I wrote these databases, I do not see it as illegal or hacking. I see it as me being an idiot for trusting my replacement to be diligent as I was in documenting passwords in our department password keeper. I see it in being disappointed I might lose a lot of development. I see it as "oh Cr@p" if these databases which still work on the out of date server can't be migrated to a new server and have the 2FA allowed email bypass account configured into them. (Only because I don't have time for fun projects like rewriting a ton of code.)

I put in a ticket with Microsoft. After talking to many a person in India and asking for an escalation, I was told I would need to put in a ticket with Microsoft Ultimate. I went to their website and it toggles links between two web pages with no way to put in a ticket. So then I came here.

I feel your frustration.
But whatever the reason: braking the password to your own bitcoin account, or hack to someone else’s protected place – it is still violating the Tek-Tips Posting Policies
[thumbsdown]

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back