Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Breaking Links with previous Spreadsheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

columbo1977

Programmer
May 9, 2006
GB
Good Afternoon All

I have VBA code that copies several sheets froma workbook password protects then emails the document to a specified address.

What I need now is the code to tell the new document to break the links with the old one.

Original thread here :
Hope someone can help.

Columbo1977

are you wanting this to break links with another worksheet because the data is coming up #value or #na due to missing information.. if that is the case then you have left something out of this post and your previous post. somewhere you have managed a copy paste where excel is still referencing another sheet/workbook you will need to set all copy/paste to paste values only. If this data is already presently stored while you are working with it as links to other work sheets you will need to make a copy/paste loop to change your data to values instead of the formula links.

hope this is what you were referring to and that this helps.

if you need help with the loop please explain how your data is set up

Hi,

I would not copy the SHEET.

Add a new workbook.

Copy the CELLS on your sheet.

Paste Special VALUES & FORMATS into the new worbook.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back