Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Breaking a mirror ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeHendy

Programmer
Oct 15, 2000
NZ
Hi,

I've got to (temporarily) use a disk from a Netra T1 web-server which has it's disk mirrored. Anyone know the cleanest way to stop a mirror, and then when I get the new drive (on order) I can put it back on. Is there a command line utility to use (eg. metadetach) ?

Thanks in advance,
Mike. [sig][/sig]

First run format to get partition details of the disk you want to take - so you can setup the replacement the same.
Use /usr/opt/SUNWmd/metastat to determine the existing mirror & submirrors.
usr metadetach <mirror name> <submirror to detach> to detach the submirror.

When you have the replacement drive, format, partition the same as the origonal, run metainit to create metadevice and use metattach to reattach submirror.

[sig][/sig]

Thanks Mike, :)

I've used metatool on one box (got two to do)... and will know in about an hour how it all went. It's currently resynching the mirrors, however, it looked like I had to delete the db mirror. I think, I'll try the method you outlined for the other. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back