Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brand newbie here with a few errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmistic

Technical User
Jun 16, 2004
US
I have been using AS since yesterday.

I am having trouble getting started. the biggest thing is this: When I try to save my new cube it won't let me. I get an error that says "Fact table cannot be 0". I thought maybe i was passing it an empty table, but there seems to be data stored in the table. I searched (and will continue to search) for an answer to this but found nothing.

The second problem, (related or unrelated i don't know)is when i try to veiw the data it says i must process before i can view the data. I process the cube and it does the same thing. This is happening to all the cubes in all my databases.

If you do not let AS count the rows in your fact table, you must put in a number (any number will do) in the tab at the bottom left when the fact table is highlighted.

After you have added the row count, you can save the cube. One way to process is to highlight the cube name in Analysis Manager anad right click to process.

-------------------------
John Herman is available for short and long term data warehousing consulting and contracts.

This is a Service Pack issue. You need to install SQL Server SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back