Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brand New IPO, Solid Red Lights on Cards 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

94astro

Programmer
Jul 21, 2013
US
Hello Pro's,

I got an IP Office shipped to my shop yesterday from our distributor, I put in the SD card, installed the cards and all the card's lights stayed solid red. I re-booted, re-seated cards and nothing. I couldn't connect to the system with manager. I called tech support and they determined the IP Office was bad. I got the replacement today and the same exact thing is happening. Do I need to re-format the SD card? I haven't had to do this on my previous installs. Thanks in advance.

Yes. Try reformat/recreate on the card. Seems like that is the only thing that hasn't changed, right?

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Yes, I would for sure reformat & recreate on the SD card. You might have to reformat it a second time, been there done that. I have learned to keep a spare SD card, it has come in handy many times in the field.

Only the SD card and extension cards haven't changed, I'll reformat in the morning and let you guys know how it goes. Thanks.

I first boot of an IP500v2 can take up to 5 minutes.
Did you wait that long?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

What level is the SD card on? The newer combo and trunk cards will not be recognised by older firmware versions and will set solid red all day :)

IPO in Muppet mode??
in what way could you not connect
no response or passwords failing?
if passwords failing reset security settings using DTE ort

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Avaya's quality control has gone from bad to worse.

It's that time again for Avaya to pause the assembly line and fix what's broken.

The system was up over night and still all red lights. I can't connect to the system at all, no response. I just re-created the SD card and still solid red lights on all cards. Must be SD card?

Spoke too soon, I can now connect with Manager after re-creating the SD card, but still all red lights, I'm about to load licenses to see what happens.

Yup all good now, re-creating SD card did it. Thanks all!

9.0.829, 9.0.829, 9.0.829 😊 system and cards.

One vcm32 v2 with a PRI daughter board and two Combo Cards.

No problem. 😊 I appreciate all the help. In my training class, the instructor said you should never have to re-create the SD. Tech support yesterday didn't even suggest it. It's from reading these boards and the knowledgebase that I thought re-creating the SD might solve it.

What horrible instructor did you have!? Good Grief!

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Re-creating the card is also the fastest and best way to upgrade the system. It runs for 2 hrs without it, re-creating retains all prompts, greetings and messages etc, it's far quicker than a standard upgrade and can be timed to happen in your absence/out of hours (it doesn't upgrade until rebooted), so that Instructor gave some bad advice :)

The instructor was good but not in this case I guess. When I upgraded our shop's IP Office, I used the upgrade option in Manager, so it's better to just re-create the SD card to upgrade? Can you re-create it with the SD in the system or do you have to pull it out and stick it in a card reader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back