Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

brand new and stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

brh01

Technical User
Feb 23, 2003
"If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web server software on this system was successful. You may now add content to this directory and replace this page."

I made it to this page, now what do I do to list my page?
thanks for any help in advance

Brian

Hi,

In case you are interested in knowing the directory where you website is to be setup, it is defined by a directive called DocumentRoot in your httpd.conf file.

Whenever you type in the address bar
this is the location for the default page to be displayed whenever you reach the website that you setup on your machine.

You can change the DocumentRoot directive to point to the absolute path of the directory where your local website is present. You might want to read up on VirtualHost at the Apache website.

Blizz

thanks for the help Blizz. I figured it out last night. I was just re starting aphache after I modified the config file, not rebooting.

now can you tell me how to access the site from another machine?[bigsmile]

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back