Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Branch office between 1010 and 1700

Status
Not open for further replies.

sylv123

IS-IT--Management
Nov 16, 2006
FR
Hello,

I'm actually facing some bad bandwidth performances on branch office.

On the central site we have a contivity 1700, connected to a router which is connected to a metropolitan network with a 100Mb/s connection.

On a remote site, we have an ADSL connection (8Mb/s download, 1Mb/s upload) with modem/router and behind a contivity 1010.

The BO is set up as initiator(1010)/responder(1700) due to the modem/routeur, and seems to work fine.

However, with a ftp transfert from a client behind the 1010 to a server behind the 1700, the bandwidth doesn't exceed 2Mb/s. I was hoping the bandwidth to reach 6Mb/s, considering the encryption.

The same client connected behind the ADSL router gets a 8Mb/s connection with a FTP tranfert to the same server.

Any hints to increase this bandwidth behind the 1010?

Thanks in advance for any help.

------

How does the client connect to the 1700 when you perform the test resulting in 8Mb/s throughput?

-nc

We did two tests with a FTP client behind the modem/router:

1- the FTP client connects to the server directly via internet, without connecting to the 1700.

2- We also tried with a VPN client installed on the PC, setting up an ipsec tunnel to the 1700, with the FTP flow passing inside the tunnel.

In both cases, the bandwidth result was fine.

Only when the client is behind the 1010, we get a poorly 2Mb/s throughput...

On the branch office, the MTU is disable. I don't know what MTS is.
We've already tried enabling it at 1400, with no improvement on the bandwidth.

On both public interfaces (1010 and 1700), MTU is set at 1492, due to the ADSL connection.

Sorry - mistyped - I ment MSS not MTS.

Are you seeing any errors or packet fragmentation?

Are you using compression on the tunnel?

-nc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back