Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Braindumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
SG
I got 8 years experience, my company is paying for my MCSE 2k3 class. I'm confident in passing but one of my classmate setup 1 confidential ftp site and he got all the complete & latest versions of braindumps there. They give me the password, I'm tempted to download just for curiosity on how microsoft presented the questions but something in my mind tell me not. If you're in this situation, what's your call?

Braindumps should really not be used, unless you can query what they are telling you.

For example, you read a question and you get it wrong...or do you?
Maybe they got it wrong, are you good enough the question that?

as long as you understand everything clearly then go for it, otherwise studying hard until you are confident then go for the exam.

If you have the books from Microsoft Press, use the practice tests on the Readiness Review CD to study.

The questions on the exams may change, but the subject matter won't. You should study the concepts and not some anonymous person's version of the exam questions.

Wishdiak

of course, we need to know the subject matter,,
sometimes, m$ changes some wording, the answer could be different

I've been on the fence about whether braindumps are really cheating.

Yes, since they are questions directly from the exams, that part is cheating.

But why is it wrong to really want to know what the questions will be like?

I myself find that the books under-prepare you for most of the tests.

I suppose it is wrong to simply memorize the braindumps and go take the test, but what of simply reviewing the braindumps to get a feel for the questions?

They don't pay me to be a philosopher...

Drew

andrew2000,

While Braindumps ( and ActualTests and TestKing, etc.) may present you with the questions that other people have seen on the actual exams, I doubt that it's possible to have all the answers memorized before taking the exam.

In the case of 70-290 and 70-291, I barely failed each one time. When I went in the second time, I had already seen most of the questions, and was prepared for them.

I don't see how that's cheating any more than using Braindumps, except that as laseruk81 points out, how does one know whether the answer that's on the Braindump is correct or not?

If anything, you may go into the exam with false confidence using Braindumps. I'm a proponent of the MS Press Readiness Review CD's. If you know the material well enough, then you'll pass, regardless of what questions you get on the exam.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, MCSA 2003 certified

I know most everyone hates braindumps, but not me. No I am not paper certified either. I have my A+, Net+, MCSA, and MCSE. I have done this over a 4 year period. For almost every one of those tests I not only passed but scored really well. With that being said I think I over prepare, better to be safe then sorry. I always read no less than 2 books on the subject. Then I try to use trans or selftest software. I like these because when you miss a question it will explain why. The last thing I do is read a braindump. I like to see these questions with someone elses answers, then decided why they are right or wrong.

Wishdiak is right, you can't remember all those answers and if you do they could be wrong. If you want to use those braindumps then do so, but only use them as a tool and don't rely on them.

I do follow the two books for one exam rule. I would be shocked if just sticking to the moc on 291.
next year I will do the harder part...293,294,297,298..
or do some ccna stuff.

If you just want to know what the questions are like use SelfTest Software's test exams, they are the ones recommended by Microsoft and are very good representations of the actual exam questions.

I'm of the opinion if you already know you stuff but want a little extra assurance then by all means try using a braindump but if all you're trying to do is memorise a compelte set of questions without doing the background study you're probably setting yourself up for failure.

I'm with mrmoneymatters and NickFerrar. Use the braindumps as tools, but not as study material. I like the idea of using them to find out why a particular answer is correct, or incorrect. I have not used braindumps in the past, but have always felt the more "prepared" I was using whatever I could get my hands on the better I would feel going into the test and not second guess myself on some important questions.

The problem with brain dumps is that it has watered down the significance of having a certification. Tons of people were passing these things and not being able to perform on the job. It didn't separate the men from the boys so to speak.

I don't feel there is anything wrong if you use brain dumps in tandem with other study methods, but if it's your primary source, you're only hurting yourself in the end.

The whole point is in the end, not whether you pass the test or not, but whether you know the material.

The best preparation is still actual hands on experience with real life application.

when i started I set up a lab with four old 286's and my (then) brand new 486DX133 Intel machine. I did some digging around and got the machines cheap. Nowadays you can get old Pentium 3's cheap and they still make useable workstations. Nothing beats studying then working with the actual OS, cause especially in the beggining I made lots of stupid mistakes. Plus you can walk through the study material on your Server and WS's and that makes much better of an impact on learning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back