Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brain Dump? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lp101

Technical User
Feb 14, 2005
US
I just took exam 3 and scored a 70% (4 questions from passing)...I felt like I prepared well for this exam (reviewed all materials as well as purchasing the All-In-One Guide). Without knowing where my mistakes were on the exam, I feel I am in jeoprady of failing again. The first question I have is , having just taken the exam I remember quite a few questions. Is it appropriate to post them to get answers from all? Secondly, how can I prepare differently, (resource-wise) for this exam? Many thanks....

I have also just failed the 3rd exam with 70%, and am not sure what I would do differently on a re-sit. I found some of the questions vague and have ordered the All-in-one guide in the hope of getting some clarity. How useful did you find that book?

I think the thing you sign at the beginning of the exam states you can't disclose the contents, but am not sure. Can't you just lookup the ones you're not sure about?

Posting the actual exam questions would be a violation of the non-disclosure agreement that you are required to agree to at the start of the exam. However, you can post questions that cover the same content.

I am the author of the All-In-One guide. Feel free to contact me at the address given in the book and I will attempt to answer any questions that you might have. Also note that the bonus practice exam mentioned in the book has not yet been posted to the osborne web site but should be available very soon.

The third exam has questions that I consider to be subjective - such as "What should the name of this report be?" It also has questions that cover BO's unique interpretation of the traditional waterfall method of software development (their 7 steps). The best questions on this exam are the ones that attempt to test your experience by covering common (and maybe not-so-common) reporting problems. But these are the most difficult to document and prepare for since the particular situations that may be examined are not mentioned in the objectives.

The one problem I had with the third CRCP exam was that alot of the content came from the class they offered called "Applying Report Design Methodology and Expertise". This same content was not available in the help files, much like the content from exams 1 and 2. This means that to have the best chance to pass the exam, you needed to take the course, which was only offered as Instructor led and was a bit expensive.

Now to throw salt on the wound. For XI, the CRCP will only be 2 exams, which are similar to exams 1 and 2. There are 4 prep classes that they offer instead of 7 now as well. They got rid of the elective with exam 2, and the above class and Business Views from the cert. I know this doesn't help you with 10, but it may help you decide if you want to skip the exam 3 in 10, and just go and take the 2 exams for XI.

~Brian

I will certainly get a hold of you on those questions...The box was helpful...It did cause some confusion becuase the titles in the 7 steps were a bit different than those actually described in BO's manuals...I guess that is due to copyright stuff (?)...Annette is right about the 3rd exam...Many of my questions were situations BO tried to stuff into the methodolgy chapter. For instance they would set a scenario and ask where in the report sec document would you put X...It was quite tricky...

Lastly, by the way I read the BO site I have till June 30th to pass this exam or I have to start all over with the cert 11 process. Are my other successful exams (1 & 2) good for nothing?!?

"Are my other successful exams (1 & 2) good for nothing?!?"

It would appear that way...another proud moment for BO Customer Service...

I recently failed my CRCP Level 3 exam, scoring 75%

I found some of the scenario questions very vague, so I added comments to each one. I contacted the BO education department and they reviewed my comments and upgraded my score to a pass.

Hope this may help some people...

Where did you make comments???? On the site, can you provide a name and contact number...How did you know which questions you got wrong? Did they just check which questions you listed as vague? If you got the vague questions correct...what happened then...Please provide more information!

You don't know which questions you get wrong. When you take the exam, you are given the ability to post a comment for any questions that you think are worded wrong or vague. barry99 posted comments and then had BOBJ review them when he failed the exam. All they will do is review your comments and either rulw with them or against them.

~Brian

Ok got it...When taking the exam post comments...So they don't review the comments unless you call?

I believe that is the case, but I am not 100% sure on that.

~Brian

The apology we got from BO about the poor quality of the CR10 exams last year said they review all the comments to the questions. So make lots of comments.

Some of the comments I made about some questions were very heated, and I passed the exam.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

To barry99 & everyone!

I failed one exam too of the CR 10 series and tried to look for somebody to contact and found one from one of the postings in this site. I sent mail to a certain Mr. Paul McFadden and I got a reply from a Kim Morgan. I requested them to review my comments but I got a flat reply of "they provide candidates solid exams" and that my score is final.

May I know who you contacted from BO?

Thanks!
pepperdec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back