Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bpbrm error: cannot lstat </path/filename> Not a directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

glw1234

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2007
US
Ive googled and googled and cant come up with a good answer to a problem were having, hoping someone here has an idea. Trying to backup oracle stuff from a sol 10 machine. Im able to backup root file system OK, however I cant seem to backup the mission critical files. Which is ummm gee kinda important. (different policies) Using server version 5 and getting the following error:

Error: bpbrm (pid = xxxx) from client example.example.com: ERR - Cannot lstat /pathname/<filename> Errno = 20: Not a directory.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thu Oct 18 10:07:44 CDT 2007 Error from client s758901: ERR - Cannot lstat 7589. Errno = 5: I/O error 1502658 bpbrm
I get these on a solaris system backing up oracle.

Do you have cross mount points checked?

Are you seeing these errors while performing a system backup? You should be using the add-on Oracle agent to backup Oracle DB's and the policy should not be standard. If this is a system backup you should probably exclude the Oracle files from that backup since it will not properly recover your DB anyways. Basically you should have a system backup to backup your normal files and an Oracle backup policy to backup all of your DB files. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back