Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BP250 AUTOMATED ATTENDANT ISSUE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe201237

Programmer
Mar 17, 2017
MA
hi all,
custmer of mine hase BP128 with MFU & I program an Automated attendant by following the standard procedure, creating the AA with a specified organigram & using the voice prompts already stored on the MFU.
but when I dial the AA directory N°, I dont have the general annoucement reference as programmed in postion 1, the call is discontected or diverted to the exit position when programmed.
would you please help me out, in order to fix that.
thanks in advance
regards.

Try to record some test message on any unused AA prompt (cmd. 4411, prompt (eg.) 20) and then point AA to use that Voice prompt...
If works, then is something wrong with original voice prompt. Maybe is not originally loaded or wrong type is loaded (can be low or "high" quality...post your result here

BR

Hi Zoo1,
Thanks first for your response & I recorded a message on position 5 by using cmd 4411 & I play it back to be sure that It was recorded, when I dial the AA directory N°, I hear only beeps during 7s, after the call is discontected.
BR

Have you set 8701 to 5 before calling the AA?
Is it working with cmd 8701=1?

If not check if the default announcements are there.
When you go to Maintenance you should see that there are
round about 242 announcements.

Thanks a lot xs650 for your response.
yes, I set the cmd 8701 to 5 before calling AA.
No, It's not working with cmd 8701=1 either, that why I changed it to 5 to check if there is any problem with the original prompts coming with the MFU.
I played back (by digital phone) the default announcements & I heard them on the phone.
please, what do mean "go to maintenance"? is it by using BMS?
if yes, when I go to maintenance, in which tree can I find it?
there is anything that I could forget to programm on the trunks a part the cmd 1101 & 1103 that can be the origin of the problem?
thaks in advance.
BR

Go in the BMS to Maintenance and sroll in the right part down till you see
the announcements.
What happens with an internal call to the AA?
Is the voicemail working or any other announcements?

I ched with BMS in maintenance as you suggest & I found 256 References (I didn't found annoucements).
The internal calls are the same as the external ones, I hear only beeps during 7s, after the call is discontected.
Ididn't program any voice mail, but I hear the voice prompts by using a phone.
BR

When connected to the system with BMS, left click on system name (next to the small green light), you should see option Licensing...
All info are there...if unsure, take screenshot and post here...
BR

Altough AA will work with R8 (locked version if you don't have license), MFU card has been introduced in R10, and beleive me , won't work without valid license (had that problem)...
In your case, license is valid - we can cross off this possible issue...
Few things to check:
- do you have programmed VM directory number? - cmd 5426
- On attempt to dial AA, is it any alarm raised? Go to maintenance and delete all alarms, warrning logs. Dial AA, and when finish, go back to Warnning logs and alarms and check if any new record is raised.
- Take screenshot of cmd 7801,4601,2,3, your AA settings, and Boards -> cabinet 0 -> MFU
BR

Hi Zoo1,
First, I want to thank you a lot for your help & you'ii find below the response concerning your points:

No, I didn't program any VM directory number- cmd 5426, Should I?
In the maintenance tree, I have only "Warning logs" with the other choices, but no "Alarms"!
In the "Warning logs" I have as choices; Alarm logs, Error logs, Info logs, Define codes & Trace logs.
should I clear all of them?
Where can I find "Alarms" in the maintenace tree?
you will find enclosed the screenshot before clearing the Alarms & Warning logs.
I will send another one when clearing alarms & Warning logs too after giving me your advice.
Thanks in advance.
BR

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=d619c005-8ebe-40cf-8284-c9e5f18e8fe9&file=AA_BP128.docx
Yes, create VM directory number and then try AA again

Hi Zoo1,
Thanks first for your reply.
I Create a VM directory number & I have always the same result, I hear only beeps during 7s, after the call is discontected.
BR

Well, running of options here...
Looking on your last document and looks OK...Last thing that you can try: Be sure that extension has allowed all functions for Voice system (BMS -> System -> System Facilities -> Class of Service -> Message & Information system. Activate all commands in this group for this extension COS). Executive phone (or OP.console) -> go to system programming -> cmd. 4450 -> card 2 -> Load.As you didn't have VM activated, maybe VM prompts are not loaded into CPU (with this command you will inform your CPU about available VM references). This cmd is run only once (on system install)...maybe this step has been missed...
BR

Thanks a lot Zoo1, I will try what you suggest & I will come back to you again.
BR.

Hi Zoo1,
I follow your instructions by giving all the facilities in table for the extensions in the AA & I also tried to load the VM prompts into CPU by command 4450 and enring 2 for the MFU position, but I got the message "Facility not allowed"!!!!
I create a Voice Answer Reference & I made a diversion of Trunk to it directory Number & I got the same result as AA : I hear only beeps during 7s (when the "Error rerpoute postion" is mentionned), or the call is discontected (if the "Error rerpoute postion" is missed).
The VM prompts are effectivlly stored in the MFU, because I heard lot of them in the phone by commands 4411, 4401, etc..
Waiting for your comments.
thanks in advance.
BR.

Hi Zoo1,
Do you have any suggestions please concerning my comments above?
Thanks in advance.
BR.

As I said above, running out of the options here. Can you please post Maintenance -> Warning logs?
If you try to create (or maybe already have created) Voice Answer (5408) and record announcement (cmd. 4401 - find free announcement prompt) - can you play it by dialling Anno directory no?
Don't know how difficult can be for you, but as a last resort will try first to uninstall MFU, clear the slot and install again (before that, delete VM, AA and any Voice anser if exist). Before install, check your Flash card for any corruption (be carefull, don't delete .ULK file on the root of flash disk)...
If unsure, will send you document how to check and clean MFU card... Then create VM number, adjust in Message and Information system which VM prompts you have loaded on Flash disk (.000 - normal quality, .001 - "high" quality and then load prompts with 4450.
If all that doesn't help - cold start system and start again...

Hi Zoo,
Thanks a lot for your response & I'm sorry for the delay because of my illeness.
I will send you the screenshot soon, and I'll come back to you for more assistance.
BR

Hi Zoo,
Please find enclosed the warning logs as you requested.
Concerning the Voice Answer, I created already one by command 5408 & 4401 on a free announcement prompt (N°5) & Choose this position as Welcome announcement but still a same thing.
before starting uninstalling the MFU, I want just inform you that I have a new MFU with it new Compact Fash disk, could I Swap it with the old one if it could be easier than uninstalling the Old MFU.
otherwise, I need your help to uninstall it by sending me a documents for that.
Fr your information either, it was another technician who take care of the maintenance of the system, but he is gone & after it's me who take hand of this customer & When reading the BP documentation, I found out one case that it could be mine too, as enclosed to.
I just want have your opinion about that, in case if that technician changed the MFU or the Fash disk without following the procedure.
thanks in advance & Best Regards.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2c1d94a1-a54a-4f0c-9f8c-9f4a6f11f31e&file=Warning_Logs.docx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back