Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOXIR2-Crystal: Prompts should gets refreshed for new selection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karnd

Programmer
Feb 1, 2003
US
Hi,

In Crstal XI, the prompts gets refreshed for new selection to select new valeus from the current selection or it still stays as it is as?
Is it a bug?
Generally, how it should be setup on your end?

I am note sure what you mean. Are you saying that the list of possible values is not getting updated as new values are added to the database?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
" - unknown

I have a Crystal Report and it has Parameters/Promts.
So,first time selected parameters and run the report.But next time,if i wanted to change the selection criteria then what i do is i refresh so it prompts again .There i chose "Prompt for new parameter values" (but not Current). In that case, the prompt page shows blank(because i chosen Prompt for new parameter values). or still retains the earlier so that you can change. That way the crystal works, or is this a bug?
i hope it is clear!!

Totally unclear. The parameters, unless you assign default values or make them dynamic parameters (crystal xi) will never show a value when you refresh, it is up to you to input the parameter values.

What are you expecting and/or hoping for when you refresh?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
" - unknown

Hi,

When i refresh the report, i am expecting that the previous selection(in the parameters) should be clear and ready to input new values.
Note:The parameters are DYNAMIC in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back