Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOXI XI R2 SP2 under VMWare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banyardis

MIS
May 22, 2007
US
We just finished a migration to a new VMWare server and upgraded to BOXI R2 Enterprise SP2. We've recently been having problems with the scheduler components that has been difficult to find root-cause. We need to verify that the VMWare environment is or is not part of the problem, because we are making a huge commitment to bringing up a whole new production environment under VMWare. Does anyone have any experiences with this issue they can share?

Thanks!

Brandon Forest
Database Administrator,
Data & Web Services
Sutter Connect
foresb@sutterhealth.org

You should confirm with BOBJ Support, but my understanding is that BOE-XI (R2) is NOT considered "supportable" on a VM-Ware OS.

BOBJ is OK with you using VM-WARE for DEV/TEST environments, but you need a physical server infrastructure for PROD.

Partly this is a functional issue, partly it is license based (if you have CPU licenses)

When I worked at VMWare we had it running just fine under VMWare.

A little erratic in delivering the interface at times, but no errors.

-k

(Sorry if my answer is not applicable to your original question...)
Currently I have Crystal Reports Server XI installed on a virtual machine running under VMWare Virtual Infrastructure 3.x, and have created and deployed a web application utilizing the SDK for the product on a different virtual server. Aside from some weird issues with instances, everything seems to be working properly. Hope you figure things out.

-- Creator of the XModuleSB Application: --

The good news is that we fixed it. The better news is that BOXI is running stable under VMWare. The problem was that the VMHost didn't have the external time services enabled. This messed with all the client instances that relied on scheduling. Once they fixed this, all the client systems started to recognize a new hardware addition -- the system clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back