Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boxes around drop shadows 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkw007

Technical User
May 9, 2003
US
I work with one other artist and we both use InDesign. My version has always worked great and I have no complaints. But hers tends to draw boxes around items she has placed a drop shadow on when we try to make her files into PDFs. I have gone through and set her display performance to high quality but to no avail. If I create the file, it's fine. But if she does, both of us experience the same problems with creating PDFs. Any ideas?

What type of PDFs are being created? InDesign offers many different settings.

What version of Acrobat are you reading the PDFs in? Are these Acrobat programs set to 'smooth' in the preferences?

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

You might make sure that you have the Acrobat version compatability set to Version 5 or higher since 4 does not support transparency well.

If that doesn't fix it, come back and describe the setting on the pdf export.

Using OSX 10.3.8 on a G4

I went to the InDesign magazine website and all it showed was how to subscribe to the magazine. Did I miss something? Is there a way to get to the article that was mentioned by LJNYC?

thanks.

Look at back issues. When you scroll down to the July (or summer) 2004, the premier issue is free.
Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back