Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bounding boxes showing on export

Status
Not open for further replies.

soledadsister

Technical User
Apr 25, 2006
GB
Hi there.

Sorry if this has been addressed before but the search function isn't working and I can't find anything.

I have InDesign CS 3.0. I have recently changed from a PC to a laptop and had the software shifted over. Before I had no probs but now, when i try to export, the bounding boxes of all images show up as faint white lines in the PDF.

I'm exporting to Acrobat 4 with PDF/X-1A as, on the other settings, it started to ignore transparency in any format of image and immerse the whole thing in a white background like a JPG.

Transparency flattener is high with 'ignore spread override' ticked. 'Simulate overprint' is also ticked; again, without these on I lose my transparency.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,

soledadsister.

Are the white lines still there when you zoom in close? Are they there when you print? Probably 'no' to both - they seem to be an artifact at certain views in Acrobat.

Re the white bounding boxes.. done to death but still a nuisance. Make sure the transparent images do not have spot colours behind in their background. Make text to be on the topmost layer or you will see oddities like thickening of text where it overlaps the tranparent bits. Select the object and under the Object menu ensure 'detect edges' is selected if there is no path around the transparency.

...the trouble with overprint preview is that white overprints might be missed if you have any, so be careful with it...

...cost my boss a big slap in the face when he missed it on a very expensive job...

...now though, the rip is configured to deal with white overprints...

Andrew

Hi both.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I'm going to follow your advice and see what I can come up with. I think what I really need is some formal training with this, considering I'm doing jobs that have a budget of £200k and I only had a 2 day tester course in it to begin with!

Any suggestions as to the best residential intensive courses would be greatfully received!

Cheers peeps

soledadsister

Where do you live? Can't suggest any course until that basic piece of info is provided.

In the meantime, either join linda.com (great training videos) and/or buy yourself Adone's 'Classroom in a Book' or the relevant 'Visual Quick Start Guide'.

I'm from Stoke-On-Trent but I would be willing to travel anywhere for the right course.

Cheers, :0)

Can't help you then as I am in Australia.

Eggles means lynda.com, which is ideal even if you live as far as the South Pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back