Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bound Sockets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rxsid

Programmer
Jul 9, 2002
US
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out as much detail as possible regarding socket statistics. Specifically what process is bound to what socket, and any other additional specifics regarding each socket. The server is Windows 2000. I know about netstat, but I'd like to write a PERL script that outputs much more socket information if possible.

Any ideas or pointers?

Thanks!

Wasn't this covered on DevShed?

Paul
------------------------------------
Spend an hour a week on CPAN, helps cure all known programming ailments ;-)

bad manners to post the same question willy nilly about the net, there's a few of of us who frequent more than one forum, and we consider it rude where someone posts a question on multiple forums, and a lot of people take the time to read it, and a few of us take time to answer it, and then we get annoyed when someone might pit forumA against forumB.

I gave up chess ... many, many moons ago, before Sidney Sheldon tried that one.

Be honest, and don't p!ss people about, is all I'm sayin'

Paul
------------------------------------
Spend an hour a week on CPAN, helps cure all known programming ailments ;-)

Wow. Bad manners and 'Willy Nilly?' Why get ticked off when someone is deliberately and intentionally (i.e. not Willy Nilly) looking for an answer or help? Do all forum visitors and forum subject matter experts visit each and every board every day? Of course not, which is why I often post in more than 1 location for a variety of reasons, including: hoping to get multiple different 'views' or suggestions on how to fix or solve a particular issue and hoping to get that help as quickly as possible.

Obviously I frequent this and other forums as well. I can't imagine how someone would get so ticked off or offended over such a thing. Posting in multiple categories within the same board...yeah. I get that. But two different boards? Never once have I heard anyone get mad or offer their view on mannerisms over that in well over 12 years of posting on various sites, lists, groups, etc. Posting a question on 2 different boards doesn't warrant your response, IMHO. It's not helpful or constructive and quite frankly, could discourage others from seeking such help from >1 place. That...is bad manners.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back