Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bound Rich Text Box On Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtc

Programmer
Nov 7, 2002
GB
Does any one know how to use a bound rich text box on a report.
I have addresses stored in a table with each line being a field, but some lines in some addresses don't have values, so I concatenate the fields putting chr(13) at the end of each line which does have a value.
When I try to show this in a text box that chr(13) is shown as a box, not creating a new line. This is true with char(10), doubles and combination of 10 and 13.
The data can be shown on a form using a bound rich text box, but when I put this on a report I get problems.
When the rich text box is put on the report and it is not bound things are fine. As soon as I set the Control Source property of the rich text box I get an error message of Property cannot be set.
Does any one know either how to use a bound rich text box on a report or a way around this problem.
A single text box reacts the same as on the form described above.
Multiple text box is unacceptable as it leaves blank lines all over the place, and setting can shrink to true does not work if you have other controls on the report next to the control which should shrink.

Celtc,

You might look at Microsoft Knowledgebase article #210589 which shows how to prevent printing blank lines in a report through the use of the CanShrink Property and Code.
See
Code:
[URL unfurl="true"]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;210589[/URL]
Who takes 7 seconds to develop,
7 mins to document,
7 hours to test,
7 months to fix will always blame the clock. s-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back