Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bound Combo Box needs to refresh after end user uses downarrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

wz

Programmer
Feb 16, 2001
US
I have a combox box which is bound to a field in a table and selects its list from a querry.

After the end user chooses the field - everything works as it should - when using the mouse. If the end user chooses to use the down arrow to select it works - EXCEPT that the screen still shows part of the combo list. (It is not a list box). I need the screen to repaint. I have tried to docmd.repaint object - but that doesn't change screen either. I can correct the screen if I open/close shutter bar.

code is: (onkeydown)
me.fieldname.dropdown

How can I get the screen to clear list after item is choosen using dropdown - again if end user uses mouse it all refreshes perfectly.

What shows of the combo box that shouldn't? Shouldn't part of the combo box always show?

I guess I wouldn't use the OnKeyDown to dropdown the combo box. Typically, you would use the On Focus event.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

It shows approx. 5 lines of list.

I got it to work finally by:
(afterupdate)
application.echo false
application.echo true
end sub

I am sure there is another way :)

OnFocus? I want the end user to be able to enter data fast. They like to use tab or enter to move to next field and then use the down arrow to select from list. Can I still use onfocus?

cool - okay I see what you mean - thanks.

I still need the echo code in order for screen to "repaint

I know it doesn't make sense to me either. All I know is that the screen needs to repaint after I make the selection from the combo box using the down arrow button - not mouse. And it works with the echo code.

I understand echo "hides" screen changes from the enduser until turned on again.

It doesn't make sense - I shouldn't need it, but it is the only thing that I found to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back