Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bought a used x450e, and I need to "unstack" it without using Terminal if possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dgephri

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2015
US
good condition, all power functions work, got into the management port via IP, contacted seller for a password and got in to change it.

Several key things in the ExtremexOS GUI via web that I could help with:

1. all prior stacking information shows up, but I can't seem to find any part of the GUI that allows me to UNSTACK my unit.
2. I got "save changes" to work on password, and Default VLAN group port changes, but I can't seem to get a change to the Management port IP (so I can leave it hooked up to my Comcast modem IP range) to stick.
3. I tried the login with "REBOOT AS MASTER-CAPABLE" and no password but I am guessing that is a Terminal access only function?
4. are the above needs blocked from GUI/management port?
5. I know there are updates to the ExtremexOS but I don't see any "update firmware" options in the WebGUI.

I am not a CompSci degree holder, but I have no trouble with basic networking/portforwarding/static ip and game server basics. I just need some direction in this level of hardware since I got this for the price of a "dumb" Gig switch. :)

ALL tips appreciated: I mean to learn and have started combing the 3400+ concepts PDF for this sucker, but it's slow going.

simple easy way - save the config... wipe it re add what you want back to the switch. Is there a reason you are breaking apart the stack? whats your end goal? X450's are a PIA with stacking for some reason. what code are you on?

" The best way to predict the future, is to create it " - Peter Drucker

the facility it came "out" of must have had it stacked - bought after they went to Cisco units I am told.

The selling party did get me in with Telnet, I used the "unstack" command, and now it's handling all 30 of my home Gigait LAN connections, and POE cameras just fine.

Previously I had several 7port Gig dumb switches, and wanted to get to a single Gigabit unit (30+ drops) for my house. At the price, this was a great opportunity to achieve that goal and I just had trouble getting beyond the GUI to let my Comcast box do DHCP while I learn more about the x450e settings.

tadaaa nice let me know if you have any questions ive been working with them for a while now I like em.. simple just never use easy stacking ;)

" The best way to predict the future, is to create it " - Peter Drucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back