Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Both security modules of session managers are showing as "down" after changing the time on

Richard_Harrow

Technical User
Aug 31, 2023
AE
Hi,
So I'm in a bit of a pickle here.

Changed the time on the ESXi servers hosting both SMs after which both SMs' security modules started showing as "down" on the SMGR.

Thing is, all endpoints are still registered and both security modules are pingable, but even still, the security modules of the session managers are showing as "down", but are showing "accept new service" instead of "deny new service".

So what could be the cause and how can I fix it?

We're running Aura 10.2.

System/session manager perform syncs so if the time is off between the systems then it makes sense you are having issues. Have you compared the time on each system? Sounds like you need to run initDRS or initTM -f

The time's off by like a second or a few.

Where do I need to run the command exactly? And if I do run it, will the VM stop?

Could someone help me out? I'm kinda desperate at this point.

You are on version 10.2. I would recommend opening a ticket with Avaya.

I know it's a cliche, but have you tried rebooting a SM from the SMGR console?
Personally, I'd use a NTP source rather than rely on VMware to provide time services, but it's a bit late for that advice

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back