Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boson vs. Transcenders -- CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITR

MIS
Oct 10, 2002
US
Which is better for the ccna, boson or transcender? Or is there something better than those two?

Thanks in advance

Also I noticed boson has 3 tests for the ccna. Do you need all three to get a good coverage of the real exam?

I used boson 4.82-4.84 (just updates) and selftest. I used both because I have always used self test before (CNE3-5). As for boson I loved the online tutorial and the links. That helped huge for me. Boson has better simulations, but dont get lazy and think thats all you need to know. The test is harder then the sims I paracticed on. The different versions of the Boson (1,2,3,4)I have been told and I think read here are different writers covering the same objectives from different points of view (i.e different people) Someone correct me if I am wrong. I used Boson test #1

The self test has harder guestions, a bit better test feel with timing etc. Try one the samples are free. 12 questions but you'll get the idea and if you are studying the cisco courseware - page references.

The Boson $39.95 i believe the self test $90something. I liked having 2 different approaches before I plunked bown my $125 for the test. Just my 2 cents. The trancenders have a good rep but I have never tried them.

In short, I used and needed both I feel. Oyea!! passed last week with a 898. I had poor clock management and had to rush after the sims. They are for real so... I know you hear this everywhere on this board but practice the simulators, this is NOT a book ONLY TEST If you try it that way you will fail. Seriously. I hope I helped

Transcenders has a good explanation of the answers while in Boson you have to be online,as in connected to the internet to get a real feel of the answers.
Both are good for the exams though boson has a better router simulator on its test.

I found the Trancenders to have better explanations. I passed my CCNA, CCNP and CCDP using both boson and trancender. I think the 2 make a good combination along with the Cisco Press Books. You'll hear tons of different opinions concerning different ways to study. In the long run, use whatever feels comfortable and works for you.

I recently obtained my CCNA on exam 640-607. I used Boson, Transcender, as well as the CCNA exam guide from Cisco Press by Wendell Odom. The CD with the Cisco Press book I thought was more detailed than either Transcender or Boson. If you get the Cisco Press book write an email to the editor because the first version of the exam on the software had some problems. It would say that your answers were incorrect, when they were actually correct. The editor will send you a new version of the cd. I have version 1.2.
Boson has interactive tutors that will actually explain the answer using a CLI on a GUI that comes up. Boson also has a screensaver that will go through all of the questions and answers. Hope this helps and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back