Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boson Netsim question

Status
Not open for further replies.

stois21

Technical User
Dec 29, 2010
GR
Hello i am new to using Boson Netsim and i have a problem, i want to create an acl that allows only ftp traffic. So i try to create this extended acl:
access-list 101 permit tcp any any eq ftp
but i get an error, and if i use ? after eq to see the available options ftp isnt there,the only options available are bgp,echo,telnet and www, but in every example i have seen and tutorial this works. I am using Boson Netsim v6.00, i dont know how to get past this problem, pls help.

try using the port number instead. Sometimes typing that in works on Boson. Try port 21 instead of ftp. In other words,
access-list 101 permit tcp any any eq 21

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

thnx for the answer i tried that too but it doesnt work, i also tried ftp-data and the port for that too, i dont think its the port. Is it possible that my version of boson doesnt support ftp for tcp? If i use udp then i can get tftp but why cant i use ftp with tcp?

Which interface is the access list applied to? In which direction?

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

i am applying it to a fast ethernet interface of a router to filter inbound traffic.

sorry for the double post, i cant find any edit for my previous message.

i want to apply it to a fast ethernet interface as inbound but i cant create the access list, i get an error when i try to create it.
i am trying to create it in global configuration mode and then go to that interface and apply it

can you post the error you are getting? Also, what version of IOS is it running? I tried your ACL on a router and I did not have any errors creating it.

the error message i get is:
%Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
and the marker is at the start of the second host keyword in the accesse list:
access-list 110 pemrit host 172.16.3.2 host 172.16.2.1 eq ftp

i have boson netsim v6.00, where can i find the version of th IOs that the boson i s runnig?

Okay, are you using the default mask, or have you subnetted your networks?

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back