Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Borland C++Builder assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnattey

MIS
May 22, 2002
US
I need a little help from someone who understands Borland’s C++Builder. The client purchased a system written in C++Builder V3.0, but they do not have the original compiler. I am trying to compile with a trial version of C++Builder V6.0.

Two linker errors show up when I try to build the project and I need a little guidance on where to look. I looked the messages up in the help files and I have been to several book stores looking for a supplemental reference.

The error messages are:
“[Linker error] Unresolved external ‘base::RegKey::Open(const_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> >&, HKEY__ *const)’ referenced from c:\ICPS\CFGMGR.OBJ”

“[Linker error] Unresolved external ‘base::RegKey::Create(const_STL::basic_string<char,_STL::char_traits<char>,_STL::allocator<char> >&, HKEY__ *const)’ referenced from c:\ICPS\CFGMGR.OBJ”

Hi, I'll try to help. Do you have all of the correct source in a single project folder? What is c:\ICPS\CFGMGR.OBJ? Do you have the source for CFGMGR.OBJ. What is folder c:\ICPS used for.

Try to compile the program with only source files existing in your project folder. In other words delete (move to another folder) all non-source files from the project file so c++ builder will be required to create fresh objects.

I have found that sometimes existing objects have out dated references to other objects that don't exist on your PC or exist in the wrong folder.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back