Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Borland C++ Builder 3 runtime error 216 at 000F1A93

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitsConfuser

Programmer
Mar 13, 2010
CA
Greetings,
I purchased through ebay Borland c++ Builder 3 to learn and see different perspective (other than microsoft) in c++ coding. The application seems to work fine. However I get error message when after closing the application. I appreciate someone to enlighten me on this error message below:
"runtime error 216 at 000F1A93"
How do I get rid of this?

There are several possibilities. You didn't say what version of Windows you were using. It could be a problem with a library that is incompatible with your version of Windows. Windows 3 is quite old (Win 95/98 where the Windows I was using when I used BCB 3). That would be my first guess.

It could also be that a thread is not closing before the main form is closed. That's just off the top of my head.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

I am using windows XP. I used compatibility option in windows for windows 95 and windows 98. It didnt work.

What does your app do? Is there something still running when the app closes like a data base?

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

There are no other programs and no data base running in background except windows and antivirus prog.

So what does your app do?

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

My application program I am referring is Borland c++ Builder Version 3.....It runs normally. When I press exit. The program closes. After that error message appears " runtime error 216 at 000F1A93" inside small window with ok button. I press button and it dissapear. Nothing happens after that. I run windows config program if some other programs are running in background....nothing is running.

Oh, I understand now. I seem to remember that. There were several patches for BCB3. I don't know if Embarcadero still has them or not. One of them might be the solution.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back