Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Borked my 20 user CALs on terminal server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmille34

Programmer
Sep 14, 2005
US
Well I screwed the pooch good and proper on this one. I installed a 20 user CAL and then formatted the server. I have a backup, but apparently it was taken before I used the code. Now that I have reinstalled 2008, it says the CAL code is already used, and I can't find a way to reactivate it (which is part of the point, I'm sure). We got this as part of our MSDN subscription. I suspect that we are just going to have to bite the bullet and ask Microsoft to give us a new code or reactivate the old one. Any advice is appreciated.

You're going to have to contact the clearing house.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Yes i agree with Davetoo, for that situation you need to call the clearing house.

Rats

Well, my 5-user CAL did install, so at least I can finish configuring the machine and get some users on it while I sort this out.

BTW, Microsoft was actually having some kind of technical problem yesterday where they can't look stuff up in their own system.. heh.

If it's from the MSDN, call and let them know you are "testing" and had to reinstall the OS, they will gladly reinstate it.

Ahh, that's good to know, Bridge. I will give that a shot then. That may have been who my guy spoke to yesterday, but he didn't get very far due to their technical problems. I will give it another try tomorrow and see if they will open it back up. Thanks again, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back