Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boots without pressing Power ON 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nob1

Technical User
Mar 5, 2005
GB
I've got the same problem on two machines. They boot as soon as you switch on the PSU switch. (ie without pressing the power on button) Neither of the power on buttons are shorted out and neither are the MOBO pins so its not that. I've tried different PSUs and its exactly the same. Am I missing something simple or am I just simple? Any help would be very welcome.

If the power-on buttons are disconnected when the systems power up, then the MB's may be bad.

Could be one of the BIOS power options is set to boot up after AC power failure. You are simulating an AC power failure by operating the switch at the back of the PSU.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Thankyou. I'll check the BIOS but it will have to wait till tomorrow. I'll let you know if that was it or I have two duff MOBos

That was it!!! Somebody had been playing around in the BIOS of both machines.

Thanks very much.

You're welcome - glad it's sorted for you!

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back