Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOOTP error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tecphonelady

Vendor
Mar 21, 2003
US
End of a looong week. Trying to install a 5621SW, getting error:

Received BOOTP request for 00073bcef5a7, 0.0.0.0:68 unable to process

Firewall on manager/tftp pc is off. Very simple network.

any suggestions?

Ann

and

Manager only acts as a BOOTP server not DHCP. The 5621SW is looking for a DHCP server. It sounds like you either need to configure a DHCP server on that network or figure out why the DHCP server is not providing an address (ie full scope?). OR you need to manually program the IP address, file server and call server address into the phone.

(The IP Office can act as a DHCP server if required.)

I think we are good with IP address. IP Office is the DHCP server, and we are getting same error regardless if we manually enter an ip address or let the system hand them out.

I can ping the phones while they are going thru the continuous boot cycle and the only error showing up on the tftp log is the BOOTP error.

Ann

and

The BOOTP error is really a red herring.

You will get that error in Manager almost anytime anything requests a DHCP address.

tecphonelady,

Do the phones work or not? If not, then there is another problem, but when the IPO is the dhcp server, you just need to set the file server to the flashcard.
The message you see in the footer in manager is normal. It just tells you that there is a device asking for bootp/dhcp but manager cannot process this. Only the clients with a booptp entry are served.

Just for peace of mint the 00073bcef5a7 is a Tenovis device.

Which then can be a 1600 phone or a T3 phone.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back