Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Booting/Loading POS Terminals

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsgw

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2003
US
Now that I have the cable problems figured out. The POS terminals are not booting / loading and would appreciate help wuth getting the terminals up.

Thanks in advance.

are all the terminals configured in the system setup?

Have you configured dealer to operate with the proper first port on octal card/rocket port

Are you using rocket port or octal?

Do they stop on loading prog page 0 or are they getting to another set and stopping

Do they go silent right away or do they flicker between booting/loading/checking then to silent

Is the host and adapter lights on in the convertor panel?

Is the convertor panel in bypass

Are you using dedicated power (orange sockets, nothing non-squirrel plugged in them)

lot's of stuff that could go wrong along the way

Best bet if you are 100% certain the wiring is all correct, check the dealer configuration and make sure use com port 0 is set to Y (if octal card) or that starting com port is 10 (rocket port)

And make sure the terminals are setup in

Thanks, I got the terminal booting and the printers printing. I have an octal card and it looks like one of the 422 terminal cars is bad. The version is 3.22e. I have another post on more questions.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back