Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Booting a server to change network settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaci

IS-IT--Management
Feb 28, 2000
US
Visit site
How do you boot a NT4.0 bdc server at a different site (router and frame relay) so you can change the network settings to the new site's tcp/ip and gateway addresses?

Not remotely. This bdc was physically moved before changing the network settings. I'm not able to logon since it can't find the domain since it's still looking for the orginal gateway. I just need to change the gateway and ip address.

Why not logon just to the local machine not the domain make the tcpip changes reboot on the network & logon to the local machine again and then join the domain

hehe, log on locally to a bdc, that' cute. Once it is a PCD/BDC, the only logon the box accepts is Domain credentials.

I don't really have too many ideas for you, save one...
What about loading another OS, opening bdc's registry, and modifying it from there? - might require a little research, but just a thought for ya.

We had to do this on our firewall a few months back. We lost the password to get into the box (of course) and the only way to get into it was to load a parallel OS, and grab it from the registry.

Good Luck
>:):O> anongod@hotmail.com

"Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back