Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

boot up problems, reinstall win nt server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
i get a boot up problem after the detection phase of hardware. i get autocheck not found...skipping AUTOCHECK.
then it says...Session Manager initilization failed.

should i reload Win NT 4... if so.. is it an easy process. what should i know before reinstalling win NT 4. there is critical data on hard drive so i don't want to ruin it in any way. thanks

Sounds like a reinstall is in order. As long as you don't format the drive, you should be OK... - Bill

"You can get anything you want out of life, if you'll just help enough other people get what they want" - Zig Ziglar

if i were you i would probably do an FDISK and then re-write the MBR

Wouldn't fdisk erase all files /no log on/no way to back up files/lose all? In a sense the app boots up to a point, so the prob is possibly in the apps middle boot process? Could be missing boot files that might have been previously erased or a regedit misshap, setup minus format is certainly worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back