Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boot/System password Gateway G6-400

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
May 28, 2000
NL
Does anybody know how to remove a boot/system password on a Gateway G6-400.

two suggestions:<br>1.&nbsp;&nbsp;Getting into the Bios (if you know the password) and remove it from there.&nbsp;&nbsp;That's probably where it got put in.<br>2.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you're not sure of the password, go to Gateway's home page and look for the system information.&nbsp;&nbsp;I work primarily with Dell's and there is a jumper setting on the mother board to clear the password.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'd think it safe to assume there should be something similar at the Gateway site.<br><br>I looked at the site and without further information on your mother board, thats the best I can tell you.&nbsp;&nbsp;Have you looked through the system documentation?

1-try to find a jumbet beside the battery <br>2-cloth pc and move it from 12 to 23 and back it ti 12 <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;now you have no passwords

another solution is to try reseting your cmos/bios(had to do it before)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back