Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boot Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moscerino

Technical User
Nov 7, 2001
RU
Hi all,

I' ve got a problem with my W98 workstation. Every time I reboot it, system asks me if I want to reboot in normal mode.. safe mode.. step by step mode.. etc. so I choose NORMAL and the boot continues.

I knew that this happens when something go bad before restarting system.. but everything is all right!!

Does anyone could help me please?

Mosce

look in the msdos.sys file and see if you have BootMenu set to =1. This is a sure cause of it. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

thank you very much.. but I've to change it in another value? Or I can leave it to 1?

THANKS A LOT!!!!!

A 0 generally is a negative
A 1 generally is a positive
(hedging a bit here, but no sooner than you say ALWAYS you get bit...)

If you change the value to 0 you would in effect be saying that you do not want the Boot Menu to display during bootup.

Mosce,

You can also access that through msconfig.

Go to Start>Run, and type msconfig, click the Advanced button and uncheck "Enable Startup Menu"

reghakr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back