Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boot Camp Recomendations 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicolasc

Technical User
Jan 27, 2003
ES
Has anyone had experiences with boot camps. I've heard some good things on ACREW and TechTrain. What are your opinions.

There are 2 types of bootcamp - ram the questions and answers down your throat and the really intensive training sessions where you learn everything really fast.

If you want the first, change industries...

If you can take the high speed learning, the second works well (it does for me anyway). I've used Wave and they are brilliant. The manuals that go with the course are fantastic and I use them to this day in preference to the official MS books.

Find out from people who have attended the courses what they think - don't rely on rumour.

Yeah I agree I did the MCSA camp with Trainingcamp - really hard (16-18 hours per day for 9 days) but well worth the cash.

I am gonna say stay away from boot camps

they teach you to pass the test, but you become a no knowledge employee and what is called a "paper cert" - making the certification look worthless

Spend the time to actually learn the stuff - you cant honestly expect to be a network administrator in a few short weeks of training.

I've heard that New Horizons is offering the old ACREW bootcamp delivery in Colorado for MCSE 2003. ACREW had a good instructor base but went bankrupt. My co-worker attended ACREW and passed all the courses. I would first have a conversation with the instructor to ensure you're ready. If so, bootcamp is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back