Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boolean Formula = True/False Not Intended Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlr123

Technical User
Feb 24, 2014
US
I have a formula that is giving me True or False. I need the intended Value not True or False.

Appreciate your assistance.
If GroupName ({vActivityRpt.SalespersonNo})="xyz" then {vActivityRpt.SalesManagerName}= "John Doe" OR
if GroupName ({vActivityRpt.SalespersonNo})="abc" then {vActivityRpt.SalesManagerName}= "Bob Knot"
else {vActivityRpt.SalesManagerName}= {vActivityRpt.SalesManagerName}

I am not a CR guru, so assuming that syntax et al are correct...

If GroupName ({vActivityRpt.SalespersonNo})="xyz" then "John Doe" OR
if GroupName ({vActivityRpt.SalespersonNo})="abc" then "Bob Knot"
else {vActivityRpt.SalesManagerName}

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

You Matter...
unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared, then...
You Energy!

First off it appears you are trying to assign a value to a field and that is not possible. You can create a variable (lots resources on how to do that) and assign that value to the variable, which in turn can be displayed in the report. So I believe this is what you want. In this case (remember that formulas act like functions), no variable assignment is necessary.

If GroupName ({vActivityRpt.SalespersonNo})="xyz" then "John Doe"
else if GroupName ({vActivityRpt.SalespersonNo})="abc" then "Bob Knot"
else {vActivityRpt.SalesManagerName}

thus the results of the formula will be the if the group name = XYz then John Doe, else if the group name = abc the Bob Knot else the field {vActivityRpt.SalesManagerName}

Thanks so much. I keep learning every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back