Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Books that would help me learn more technical terms etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormyshae

Vendor
Jun 2, 2001
US
I am new to the cabling world, I am a dispatcher for a national accounts company in jacksonville, florida and i love my job but lack alot of the technical know how to help me when techs call in from job site. If anybody knows of any good reading materials that would help me would be great. Thanks...

Dictionary of Technology Acronyms: Computers, Electronics, Fiber Optics, Networking, Internet, and Software
Author: Robert Krejick
Format: Hardcover
Publication Date: August 2000
ISBN: 0814406084
List Price: $ 65.00

Thomas' Concise Telecom and Networking Dictionary
Author: Thomas M., II Thomas
Format: Trade Paperback
Publication Date: April 15, 2000
ISBN: 0072122536
List Price: $ 16.99

Have fun :)

MikeS "Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

Beyond just terminology, you should have an idea of how it all hangs together. Get "Cabling: The Complete Guide To Network Wiring" by David Groth and Jim McBee. Pub: Sybex. ISBN: 0-7821-2645-6 Available at Amazon Jeff

I haven't lost my mind - I know it's backed up on tape somewhere ....

Jeff- excellent choice!!

MikeS "Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back