Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Books for CE/CR v10? Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBuggs

Technical User
Sep 9, 2003
US
Hi,

Looking for suggestions for books on CE/CR v10. We have report developers in the wet behind the ears stage to advanced user (but not power user).

Looking for more than "This button does that" kind of book - a good reference book or "bible".

Any suggetions?

Thanks,
DaBuggs
[ponytails]

CR 10 is fairly new, so there isn't a lot in print.

Crystal Reports 10: The Complete Reference

There's also a beginners guide.

Probably the best thing you can do for your development staff is teach them where to get quality answers in a timely fashion, not hand them a book.

Pass along:

tek-tips.com
experts-exchange.com
support.businessobjects.com
kenhamady.com

-k

Actually - I try to get them to use the on-line help features before anything else.:)I

Thanks,
DaBuggs
[ponytails]

I generally suggest that the users/developers post complex questions rather than trying to find the solution in a help file, and ask that they also include technical information, such as:

Crystal version
Database/connectivity used
Example data
Expected output

That way they can work on something else and benefit from the vast amount of resources available for Crystal.

-k

I'm looking for CE 10 documentation myself. I've tried all the resources you've suggested, including this site and the help files. But no one seems to have the answers or info on the new products. The best I have found is the Peck Complete Reference for CR 9...but it was printed before 9 even came out. So it doesn't have much CE info.

Does anyone here have CE 10 knowledge?

some of the posts I have written or read without solutions.

Hi,
Search Business Objects' support knowledgebase for XSD and you will find some info about problems with the XML/ODBC driver from DataDirect, it may also have more info on using XML/XSD as datasources as well.It seems to be found by searching for XSD instead of XML?!?
[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back