Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Book Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phowle

Technical User
Oct 5, 2001
US
There appear to be many books out there on learning to design databases/applications using Access 2000.

I'm one of those kinda folks that learns how to program as a need arises, and I love working with access. Any suggestions on a good reference/textbook on improving my skills, such as they are? I probably really need two books, one that will be a better reference that this silly help file that comes with the program, and one that will teach me from the ground up. I would say I'm sort of a power user/beginner programmer. Thank you in advance for any pointers. Paul L. Howle
Legal Assistant

I always suggest the Access 97 Developer's Handbook by Litwin, Getz, and Gilbert (SYBEX). There is a 2000 version too. It is a great book if you are already familiar with Access. Terry M. Hoey

I have to agree with Terry. I have the 2000 Desktop and 2000 Enterprise versions and both have proved to be very helpful. They also come with a CD that demonstrate all of the examples they use.

Brian

I find the Beginning Access (97/2000)VBA by the two brits (Smith and Sussman) excellent. While it poses as a VBA book, it has a lot of good hints in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back