Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bonded PRIs Moved From Nortel 4

sheldoom

Vendor
Dec 12, 2006
US
I'm installing new system 11.1.3.1 and the customer wanted to move 2 PRIs from their decommissioned Nortel to the new IPO. Our Nortel tech says the 2 PRI are configured as primary and secondary. bonded circuits.

I've tried everything I've done in the past that I've done to get bonded PRIs working and they circuits keep going in and out of service every minute or 2.

Could there be some odd configuration on these to get them working with the Nortel? Setting the clock to Network on 1 and Fallback on 2 doesn't work.

Thank you!

"It's all ball bearings these days" Fletch F. Fletch

There's a chance that by "bonded" they mean NFAS (two PRI with a shared d-channel and sometimes a backup d-channel), if that's the case you're out of luck on IP office and will need the carrier to change to 2 plain PRIs. NFAS was a popular option on Meridian switches where a large number of trunk channels were needed, but generally only PBXs with a strong pre-deregulation legacy background support the feature.

Phonebits is right on with his answer. i have never got NFAS to work on IPO. we always had to separate them.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

Thanks guys!! Looks like we will be ordered 2 new PRIs.

"It's all ball bearings these days" Fletch F. Fletch

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back