Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOM Mass Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcygan

Technical User
Mar 24, 2006
US
We have a small number of items that appear in the BOM's of several hundred other items. We need to remove these items from all of the BOM's. I know there is a Mass Replacement feature but we are not replacing, just removing.

We are running 7.6.400b.

Mass Delete is located under the same menu. Should be right under Mass Replacement. If you don't see it then you probably don't have permissions for it.

That deletes the entire BOM for one parent. I need to take one component out of hundreds of parent BOM's.

Run a simple SQL delete query:

DELETE from BMPRDSTR_SQL
WHERE comp_item_no="fill in the blank"

Repeat as needed for other components.

Obviously you need to backup this file before doing this.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Thanks. I was leaning in that direction but I wanted to be sure that wouldn't have any unintended consequences.

You should run a reset low level codes process after this, particularly if you are using MRP or SPC.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back