Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bold text in an Access Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolandGS

Programmer
Apr 16, 2002
US
I saw that this topic has been posted before, but I thought that I would give it another go around:

We have several reports that contain variable text. Our clients of course want formatting to exist in these text strings, i.e. a word bolded here, another underlined there. Going the route of moving several small textbox chunks around with individual formats would be a nightmare due the amount of different reports that we design.

A very simple example would be a the string like:

Thank you John, for your investment.

We would like to bold "John" while the entire string still exists in one text box.

We have come up with several possible ways but I have not been successful with any as of yet. Here is what we have tried that I didn't see mentioned in the previous posts:

Postscript/PCL: embedding post script in the access field and attempting to trick the printer into interpreting it - quite a task as the windows print driver seems encapsulate everything....

Rich Text: We've been looking for a way to store Rich Text formatting in access and have a component/field/active X control interpret them as the report prints.

Has anyone licked this issue? How did you do it? Your input will be greatly appreciated.

One last item: A product I found on the web claims to have the capability to do what we want at:

Its call Total Access memo - has anyone used this TP control suite? Does it work?

Steven Jent
Lead Developer
Prominence Communications

I tried using the Access Memo control from FMS. It didn't work properly all the time. I actually took some of my data (large memo fields with formatting) and put it into their sample and could not get the report to page correctly.

I have the same problem/question. How do you bold and underline three words in a text box sentence in an Access report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back